17 Apr Grilled & Roasted Ragu D’aubergine (Eggplant):
Eggplant Ragu served on French bread croutons top with goat cheese
4 slices eggplants, peeled (1/2-inch thick slices)
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
1/4 cup jarred roasted red pepper, chopped rinsed and drained
Spring of fresh herbs (Parsley, cilantro, Basil)
Fresh ground pepper
1 container of Goat Cheese
1 small Cont.’ plain Yogurt
- Slice Eggplant, drizzle olive oil, season with salt and pepper than grill.
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Arrange the eggplant in a single layer on a nonstick-coated baking sheet.
- Stir the olive oil and garlic together in a small bowl and lightly brush on both sides of the eggplant.
- Roast eggplant slices until lightly browned, turning once, about 20 minutes per side. Cool slightly.
- Mix, boisin cheese, herbs and plain yogurt. Place in pastry bag. Add a tablespoon worth on crostini.
- Coarsely chop the eggplant and combine with the red peppers and capers; add black pepper to taste.